Wednesday, June 25, 2008

the studio

My parents and I are working daily to finish the studio rooms in the basement. It's been a ton of work, but it's been fun. We're starting the electrical this week, then we'll finish the framing, and have the drywall come in about 10 days. Here are a couple of photos from each end of the room.



My mom and I spent HOURS at Ikea yesterday picking out the kitchenette, and bathroom cabinetry, and appliances. The oven I will have to pick up in a couple of weeks, but below is all of the cabinets for both rooms, 16 total. Jealous? I have two huge bags FULL of screws, bolts, and hinges. This has to be worth it, right? I saved about $2000 by going through Ikea, now, if my sanity can last me to assemble all of this, and get it working, it will be nothing short of a miracle.


I've got 12 little kids coming to school in a little less than 10 weeks, I'd better get going. It's going to be fabulous. . . especially if it comes together.

1 comment:

Debra said...

Oh, I see those boxes and I want to cry. I only did our office and thought my wrist was going to fall off. But it did end up being worth it. Can't wait to see how it turns out! Have to say I'm quite the Ikea fan.