Wednesday, February 4, 2009

WHAT was I THINKING???

This post is really going to post me in a bad light, but I have to share. Today was the funniest day. So, we're doing the letter Uu this week, and for sure my favorite Uu pieces of art work are the Unicorn Tapestries (appx. 1500).

So I went to bed last night trying to think of what project I could do around the tapestries. IT came to me at some insane hour of night when I obviously wasn't thinking too clearly, and being sleep deprived this morning, I wasn't thinking too clearly either and decided to carry on with the project. So the idea was we would do our own weaving. I ransacked my moms embroidery box, threaded 50 needles (ya, the really sharp quilting kind. Helloooooooo???) with different colors, and we were going to sew our own little rainbows. A mother of one of the kids said "You gave needles to a dozen 5 year olds????" Why yes, is there something wrong there? I so need more sleep. Here is a sampling of what I heard over the next 15 minutes:

-OUCH!!!
-My needle came undone.
-Ow! Teacher I think I'm bleeding!
-Ouch! I need a bandaid!
-My needle came undone again.
-Just lick it, it doesn't bleed for very long.
-Can I take off my pants? I poked myself really hard and I think I'm bleeding.
-My needle came undone AGAIN!!!
-Ouch!! I don't want to do this any more, I've poked myself like a million times.
-This needle won't stay stuck to the thread!!!!!
-There's blood on my blue part!
-I don't like this needle, can I just get a new one?
-I'm used to this, I have to get my blood drawn all the time.

In my defense, I did demonstrate to poke the needle into the carpet, not on your lap, or hand, and I did keep reminding them, it just didn't work out so well. So, about 4 of them finished, most didn't even attempt it. I was dying at myself. So those of you registered for next year, this project is OFF THE BOOKS!!! I've come up with a fabulous FOAM, needle free option, we'll try it out tomorrow. I'm so sorry about your little chickens! Here is what all the fuss was about.


No comments: